Friday, September 19, 2008

7200 seconds. One word.

It took me two hours, that drawing of the traveling and standing wave patterns of voltages, currents and what not. Two hours in the week preceding the mid-sem exams. Two hours in a week when I had two million other things to do, and two hours less to do them in. By the time I was done I hated few other things as much as I hated that diagram. If it wasn't so perfect, I fumed, I would never had reproduced it in my lab report. What was I doing it for? One cursory glance by the professor, after which it would be ignominiously consigned to the ever-growing heap of loose-leaf sheets in my room.

Well, cursory glance it was, but every detail of the drawing was taken in, and then came the one word I'd least expected to hear: "Beautiful.."
And that one word compensated for every one of the 7200 seconds it took me to draw it. Just like that..