Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Fallen

I am the morning star; the bringer of light
The fountainhead of all knowledge; keeper of the hallowed secret
I am the one, the creator of all,
Trust not the one who sits upon my throne.

I am the fallen, robbed of my crown,
Betrayed by a jealous fiend, banished from my throne
Condemned to eternal hell, maligned by all
Felled from my glory - roaming, a friendless soul.

Heed this, you pedlar of lies and misfortune
You megalomaniac who feigns omnipotence
Know this, oh great Omniscient one
The Fallen shall again one day rise

To your abode shall come my retribution
The teeth and the talons, the deafening howls,
This fire for countless millenia smouldering inside me
Leaping, devouring the soldiers and the sentry

All hell will then be let loose in heaven,
Erased will be the signs of your decadent reign
The rightful shall reclaim the throne, and once again be King,
I am Lucifer, and vengeance shall one day be mine.

(The author, Jasim Sadique, full-time mechanical engineer, part-time philospher, and entire-remaining-spare-time chicken eater, blogs here.)

No comments: